Friday, December 29, 2017

Red Queen (Red Queen #1) by Victoria Aveyard

With a gift card from my mother-in-law I returned to status of e-reader owner and put it towards a Nook GlowLight 3. I used to own a Nook MANY MANY moons ago and gave up on it and went back to being a purest. However, with space being at a premium and some books being just too HEAVY to make walking and reading comfortable I decided that while I am really a purest at heart there are times when ebooks will serve me better. So I am giving it a go again.

The first book I purchased and read was this one. I have a lot of heavy (topic not weight) in my pile of physical books so I wanted to have a quick read that wouldn't be too much emotionally or intellectually but wouldn't feel like a waste of time. I wanted to be pulled in and entertained. And the Red Queen book 1 did that. Downside? I am anxious to read book 2.

Mare is a Red in a wold where to have rights, freedom power, is reserved for Silvers. But she is more. She finds out that she is stronger and more powerful than she thinks. And it makes her a threat but also an instrument of hope. She also learns a valuable and painful lesson about trust and betrayal and the things people will do to get what they want.

Cal is the boy prince who would be king, if the world was what he thought it was and people where who they appeared to be.


I wont say more for fear of spoiling someone who is also new to this series. I truly enjoyed it and will read the rest. Hopefully book 2 is as good or better. I hate when a first book is good and then a series falls apart like my experience with the Dorthy series that I couldn't finish.

(Finished December 29, 2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment