Friday, July 5, 2013

The Sky Always Hears Me: And the Hills Don't Mind by Kirsten Cronn-Mills

I got this book for my daughter but read it first. As you know I am a fan of YA books. This did not disappoint. And the author is awesome. I was given her name as a suggested author for my daughter who loves to read and who has recently come out. I contacted the Mrs. Cronn-Mills and sent along a note with the autographed copy of the book and was so kind.

I enjoyed the book a great deal too. The tone of the story, which is told by Morgan, was snarky and sarcastic bringing to mind Juno.

The story was very moving at time and at others quite humorous. Morgan lives in a small town where nothing ever happens. She has a step-mother, a father with a drinking problem, a terrific grandma, two brother and a boy friend with a tiny "peepee" she doesn't think she wants anymore. She works at a local grocery store and she is bored and wants out so she can write "the next Great American Novel". But then comes along Rob with his great ass and Tessa with her great kisses. In small town middle America this makes for a rough time. Rumors about her sexuality, the truth about why her dad drinks and trying to figure out to say what it is she wants makes for a wonderful read.

(finished July 4, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment