Friday, December 27, 2013

Double Down: Game Change 2012 by Mark Halperin, John Heilemann

This was a spicy tell all. Lots of behind the scenes peeks into what could have been a boring subject, the 2012 presidential election.

But between Chris Christie's diva antics, binders full of women, 47%, the beating President Obama took in the Denver debate, the fish names the Romney team had for the VP short list (Fishconsin won the spot on the ticket) and a butt load of other campaign antics this book read like a reality show. 

I know Abbey Huntsman was not happy with some of the authors portrayal of her fathers part in in the Republican Primary section, but I didn't read anything in here that made me think ill of him so I think it may just be a case of feeling protective of her father. I don't recall much more news coverage rebutting anything between the covers of Double Down.

Overall I enjoyed the peek behind the curtain and it only reinforced my thoughts about politics, it's like sausage, once you see how it's made it changes it for you forever. Not that it has changed my passion for the topic, it is my major at MHC.

(Finished December 27, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment