Saturday, May 24, 2014

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

Only seconds have passed since finishing this book and starting to write this. I'm wrecked, in the way really good books can leave you wrecked.

Me Before You a story about real and selfless love, love that makes you sacrifice for the needs of the one you love even as it means you are hurting yourself in the process.

I love Lou. The character was so well written she stepped off the pages and into my heart and imagination. She sparkled with potential and I wanted to hug her and give her pep talks. Her boyfriend and family weren't always very nice to her but with her family you got the sense they loved her but were awfully blunt. They reminded me of Natalie and her family in the movie Love Actually.

And Will...I really felt so torn on how I felt about what he wanted, I loved what he was doing to Lou's life and she to his. But I think of course that is the point of the story so I won't say more...

This goes on my list of best books I've read, EVER.

(Finished May 24, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment