Thursday, May 22, 2014

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

we were liars is a quick and powerful read. It's the story of a family and the things we do to each other. It is the story of love and greed, love and jealousy and love and forgiveness.

It is also the the story of what our minds can do to protect us from ourselves and from the hoods of loss and tragedy. 

Cadence is a mess. She is recovering from something, she can't remember what exactly and no one will tell her, not her mom, not her aunts or grandfather, not her little cousins and not her four closes friends, her 2 cousins close in age to her, Johnny and Mirren and not Gat who is the boy she loves. As she does remember the truth comes out. I didn't see it coming. I had all kinds of theories about what really happened and I missed it, and I am glad I did. It was an emotional punch when it was revealed. 

(finished May 22, 2014)




No comments:

Post a Comment