Monday, April 2, 2018

Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde

I read this book because Cale Dietrich (follow him if you don't already!!!), author of The Love Interest, Tweeted such excited tweets about Queens that I had to read it. Now my kids are both reading it. I LOVED THIS little (as in not too long, not as in small content wise, there is huge!!) book!!!


I relate so much to the feeling found and home in a fandom. I appreciated the insight into the toll social anxiety takes on a person who wants to feel whole and part of something, and I loved the autistic character angel, it felt real and honest.

The reminder of the emotions a person tackles as they transition from kid to teen to adult was welcome too. And it was just such a fun glimpse into the nerd world and the life of these likable trio of friends. And HUGE kudos to Jen for writing a guy character who isn't afraid to have feelings and doesn't feel like he has to justify them to keep his "guy cred."


(Finished April 1, 2018)


PS more please Jen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment