Thursday, August 16, 2018

I Found You: A Novel by Lisa Jewell

This was a quick read but filled with such tightly building tension I had to put it down every so often and take a deep breath. On the cover it says "Readers of Liane Moriarty, Paula Hawkins, and Ruth Ware will love this." I agree, it brought to mind these authors work.

Who is the man sitting on the beach in the rain outside Alice's house? Where is Lily's husband and who is? What happened to the Ross family in 1993? How are all these threads connected? I'm not going to tell you!! But Jewell will, in 342 pages of well spun story telling and the perfect blend of answers and tension.

I gave this 5 stars because while I guessed who "Frank" was I was never quite sure I was right and doubted myself a few times and it didn't ruin anything having guessed, if anything it made it more exciting because every time I was sure I was right something made me doubt a little. And Goodreads doesn't have half stars and I liked this more than 4 stars so rounded up.


This was from my birthday stack of books from the Hubby and it was a good read before I dive into a darker read even though this was kind of dark, just a different kind of dark than my next read, Hate List, which I am borrowing from my son.

(Finished August 16, 2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment