Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Failing Up: How to Take Risks, Aim Higher, and Never Stop Learning by Leslie Odom, Jr.

I READ THIS IN ONE SITTING AND LOVED EVERY SECOND SPENT IN THESE PAGES!! I was so sad to close the book and leave Leslie. I bought this book today, the day it was released, mostly for my son who is a HUGE Leslie Odom Jr. fan, but I read it first before giving it to him.

Leslie writes as I would expect him to, very conversationally and as if he was talking just to me. And that is his intention. He writes that if his words touch even one single reader it has been worth it. What lives on the pages of Failing Up is a little bit of insight into his personal life and struggles but even more so, it is a pep talk you can come back to when ever you need a reminder that you can do this, and that sometimes that means not doing it and moving on to something new and better for you. In other words, failure isn't the end, is is the start of the next leg of your journey. Start stocking up now, this is the perfect graduation gift for all grads, it is the perfect gift for anyone who has been afraid to try because they are afraid to fail, and it is the perfect gift for anyone who is doing anything.


(Finished March 27, 2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment