Thursday, March 1, 2018

The Alice Network by Kate Quinn

Oh my gosh this book!!! I "discovered" this one in a article about Reese Witherspoon's book club. It sounded great so I grabbed a copy for my Nook (which is still an adjustment as much as I love technology).

Once I started reading I couldn't stop. The Alice Network is a spy mystery set both in WWI and at the end of WWII. How? Because we meet Eve and Charlie in 1945 as Charlie's search for her cousin who went missing during the war lands her on Eve's unwelcoming doorstep. Charlie is 19 and pregnant and has run away from her mother on her way to an abortion she doesn't think she wants to have. Eve is a mean old would mouthed gun toting woman just trying to get through the day. As their lives mix and their stories unfold an amazing spy network run by women during the first war is revealed and their is adventure, intrigue, and some scares for the safety of the spies we grow attached to. But there is more to this story, there is the changing and bending definition of what makes a person brave, what makes a family, and the power of love and forgiveness.


I was sucked in and gladly help on and didn't want the story to end because I didn't want to leave Charlie and Eve.

Great Pick Reese, I will be checking out more of the bookclub listed reads!!!

(Finished March 1, 2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment