Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Take Me with You by Andrea Gibson

Pride Month 2018 Read #7


The perfect example that size doesn't matter. 

So much is packed into this little (197 pages and pocket size) book. It weighs more than many thousand page books. 

Andrea Gibson's Take Me With You is in three sections, On Love, On The World, On Becoming. Each section, heck on almost each page, I thought I would share that poem with you as an example...so I had to narrow it down...to these two, which I hope will make you want more:
I WILL
NEVER
MAKE A
PINATA 
OF YOUR
HEART.

And:
YOU ARE
THE BEST
THING
THAT HAS
EVER
HAPPENED
TO YOU.
OK, I lied, here is one more:
YOU 
WILL
NEVER
HAVE
TO
LOSE
YOURSELF
TO
WIN
ME
OVER.


Gibson writes in a way that shouted to my heart is whispers and bangs. I will be reading this many times as I absorb all the honey and lemon in her words. Get yourself a copy and read it too. 

(Finished June 20, 2018)


No comments:

Post a Comment