Thursday, September 13, 2018

Fear: Trump in the White House by Bob Woodward

I went out to Barnes & Noble on Tuesday September 11, release day, yes on 9/11 and no I don't think it was a coincidence. I go there 20 minutes after they opened and they were almost sold out. My friends who work there said there was a line waiting before they opened of people waiting to buy a copy. I am a fan of Woodward so I was interested, but I figured that anything that had Trump so angry  and unhappy was something I wanted to read.

With each page I became more worried and angry and hopeless. Most of this wasn't new information. Some was stuff I hadn't heard before.  But there was something about seeing all of this laid out in one place in chronological (mostly) order was just blood boiling and scary.

I know Trump and the Trumpettes would have us believe Woodard was lying but I am not buying that, I think he has been doing this too long and has earned his credibility. He says he has tapes of his interviews but that he isn't willing to release them, and I am not saying he should, just saying that I believe he does and it fits with the careful journalist he is. Now is it possible he was lied to? Sure I guess so. But remember how I said a lot of the material isn't new info? There has been too much said before now that cooperates this account. And what this account does is confirm that Trump isn't fit temperamentally, intellectually, and maybe psychologically, fit to hold this office.

My only complaint is that I had so much to day the past couple of days that I didn't get to read this in one sitting.

(Finished September 13, 2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment