Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren

My son bought me Autoboyography for my birthday, mainly because he wanted to read it and used my birthday as a way of getting the book into out house. Silly really because I never deny either of us books but it was kind of cute of him. Then I read it and was hooked on the authors, yes more than one, since it is two writers, Christina and Lauren who are besties who write together. I started following them on Twitter and enjoy them there too. They talked about this new title, I got excited about it, and I ran out on the 4th and got it, finished Seafire and then started this, and I wasn't disappointed.

I love Hazel. If Luna Lovegood was a Muggle and an adult she would be Hazel!

This isn't a YA book, this is defiantly more of an adult book. The story is sweet, even when it is naughty and HOT.

I love Josh, mostly because he appreciates and genuinely likes all of the quirks that make Hazel Hazel, but also because he is such a good guy.

I was rooting for them from the start, right from the snappy and fun to read prologue. I enjoyed spending time with Josh and Hazel and I am so glad they decided not to date and we got to hear their story.

Oh and I loved how well the double voices were done. I have complained in the past about authors who try to tell a story in alternating voices and how they don't always stay distinct and it gets muddy and distracting. Not so here, it works. Each POV stayed consistent and true to the character that was forming a picture in my mind about them.

And one last point: Tyler, he was such an ass!!! I just had to get that off my chest because he annoyed me A LOT!!





(Finished September 5, 2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment