Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen

This is the second of the Liz books (remember I mentioned her in the review for The Woman Who Wouldn't?) and I devoured this book in one day as if it were made of sugar and instead of a stomach ache my heartaches because I know I will miss these characters.

The Sugar Queen is a finely spun tale that feels like a wisp of cotton candy on the tongue.  Josey is 27 and lives with her mother who is a bitch not so nice to her. Then Della shoes up in Josey's closet and and pushes Josey to spread her wings.

Under the influence of the visitor in her closet Josey meets Chloe. Chloe is having her own crisis and Josey becomes as important to her and she becomes to Josey.

There is a bit of a twist in this story so I won't say much more. Just that this book was as satisfying as a big huge fudge brownie with an ice cold glass of milk to wash it down with and I now must read more of Allen's work in hopes that they too are wonderful treats for my mind and heart.

Liz, you are 2 for 2 so far, thank you!!!
 
(finished June 29, 2013)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment