Monday, December 28, 2015

You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day

What do you imagine a conversation with Felicia Day is like? I imagine it as one long thread of speech bouncing from topic to topic barely stopping to breathe.

When I picked up her book You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) my imaginings were confirmed in the intro by Joss Whedon.

Back in 2005 I started playing World of Warcraft and have been playing on and off ever since. I discovered Felicia back when her show The Guild was new and totally loved it and the video Do You Want to Date My Avatar.

She talks openly about her upbringing and how unconventional it was. She is very open about her addiction to gaming and how it let to The Guild...she shares her crippling anxiety and weighs in on gamergate.

But overall her message here is be you, because you are the only you and normal is overrated anyway.

She is brave, funny, interesting, smart (she has degrees in math and music), talented, and human, very human.


(finished December 28, 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment