Friday, March 1, 2013

Go Ask Alice by Anonymous

Go Ask Alice by Anonymous

I read this a million and a half years ago when I was about 12 or 13 and I think the impact was lost on me because this time around I was blown away.


In case you aren't familiar with it, Go Ask Alice is a young girls diary that is a raw documentation of her spiral into the world of hard drugs and addiction.

She is not quite 15 at the start of her story. Her words are sweet and open and raw and heartbreaking. Once she falls into the underbelly of her life she is startlingly blunt and it's quite painful. She wants to embrace the family that loves her so and wants nothing more than to help her and she doesn't actually like what she is doing but is unable to stop.


Go read Go Ask Alice

(finished March 1, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment