Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton



I read this for Children's Literature class. I am shocked I've never read this before since I LOVE the movie.

I feel like reviewing this is not really needed since from book or movie most people know the story. So instead of telling you what it was about I am going to tell you what I think about it.

Even though the descriptions don't match exactly in my head I still saw Patrick Swayze yelling at C.Thomas Howell. I still saw Ralph Macchio lying in the hospital bed. I still saw Rob Lowe and Tom Cruise and Emilio Estevez palling around. But it didn't take away from what is a moving, and even though slightly dated, relatable story on what it feels like to be on the wrong side of things,to not feel like you fit in your own skin, to be an outsider.  

(finished on March 26, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment