Monday, September 30, 2013

Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris

I'm getting a lot out of books on cd. With school reading being so overwhelming it's nice to reclaim 3 hours in the car each day I go to school for books I want to read and not have to read. 

This one was read by the author which adds to the enjoyment. The audio book had a few things not in the print copy, the poems about dogs bonus track was very funny. But there is a story titled You Can't Kill The Rooster that was in the print but not the audio that I'm told is hysterical. One of my favorite parts of this collection was his story about talking music lessons from a midget obsessed with the female body. Some of the stories were a bit hard to hear, but I think those same bits would have been hard to read as well. Sedaris unapologetically talks about his drug problems while in art school and it's hard not to laugh while cringing over the lows he sunk to.


All in all this was pretty good, I wasn't completely wowed but I liked it.

(Finished September 26, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment