Sunday, April 27, 2014

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling

This is a re-read. I am in the process of reading them with Joshua. He has heard them all on cd a bunch of times but now we are sitting together with print copies and reading to each other. It is such a joy to share them with him and see books that I love so much through my 8 year old's eyes. He loves pointing out things he finds interesting and I love hearing his perspective. He points out differences between the books and the movies. Sometimes he is ok with the differences and sometimes he outraged.

Together we loved Dobby, found Lucius Malfoy even worse than his git of a son, discovered the origin of Lord Voldemort's name, cheered on Fawkes, flew with Harry & Ron in a car, got creeped out my spiders and spent some really great hours together. We are now on to book three.


(finished April 10, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment