Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Food: A Love Story by Jim Gaffigan

This is Gaffigan's second book. If by some chance you've never heard of him, he is a stand up comedian who I like to call the food whisperer. A large part of his shtick is talkinh and whispering lovingly about food.

I really enjoyed his first book Dad Is Fat and so I had high expectations for this one.

It wasn't as funny. But it did have a good number of laughs. Mostly though I found it a little chuckle worthy but filled with jokes we all make in some form or another about food, restaurants, and eating.


I didn't laugh out loud the way I did when reading Dad Is Fat but maybe that wasn't the intent here. Maybe he was just being snarky and observational.

Not a bad read but not as good as I had hoped.

(Finished January 19, 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment