Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy #3) by Deborah Harkness

As I mentioned in my reviews of book 1 and book 2 I had some misgivings during them that was going to end up like reboots of Twilight. Both times my fear was unfounded and I never felt it this time around. By the time I was into book 3 I was feeling the dread I feel anytime I read a book, or last book of a series, I am really enjoying. I want to keep reading to see how it ends but I am dreading leaving the world and characters so I am tempted to slow down, but can't because of the need to know what happens.
Now that I am done with the world of All Souls I already miss Diana and Matthew. I want more of the relationship that was coming for Marcus and Phoebe. I want to know if Gallowglass gets to be happy. I want to know how Jack is and heck, I even miss Baldwin!!!


I ended up being pleasantly surprised by the series. Harkness spun a tale that by degree pulled me in and left me wanting more. 

Beyond just a love story between a witch and a vampire the All Souls trilogy was a story about the strength found in looking past what makes us different and seeing what binds us. It is a waring about mixing up justice and revenge and the fine line between love and hate. 

Well done sister MoHo!!

(Finished June 3, 2015) 

No comments:

Post a Comment