Friday, June 24, 2016

Adulting: How to Become a Grown-up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps by Kelly Williams Brown

I grabbed this book because I just graduated from Mount Holyoke College and for the first time in quite awhile I am not heading back to school and so even though I am almost 45 it is time to adult. That and the title struck me as funny and so while sitting in Barnes & Noble I gave a quick read to the first few pages and I liked the snarky writing style of Brown.

I didn't sit and read this all the way through, but rather it made a great bathroom read. Oh, what, like you don't read in the bathroom, or play on your phone?

The target audience for this advice column in book form is probably mid to late 20's but even for someone in their 30's, 40's, or beyond there are tidbits you might not have known or maybe forgot. For example basics of car maintenance or writing thank you notes.

Some of the sections I skimmed because they truly didn't apply to me, like the steps about the right and wrong way to "hook up". But for the most part there is snark and humor enough to make even the steps that don't apply worth the read.

Great gift for a college grad or for yourself, or an adult friend who needs help adulting.


(Finished June 24, 2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment