Sunday, November 19, 2017

The Queen of Attolia (The Queen's Thief #2) by Megan Whalen Turner

As I ended Book 1 feeling, I love that this is a book I can share with my son. Also as was the case with Book 1 thing here aren't always what they seem.

I enjoyed spending time with Gen and Eddis again. It was nice to have Magus back too. I wish Sophos had made an appearance but I think he comes back next book.

Gen, who says and proves he can steal anything, really sets his sights on a huge take this time....amid a three way war involving Eddis, Attolia, and Sounis. Add in some intrigue and sneaky plans by the Mead ambassador and what you end up with a story of war and mystery and excitement.

There is some reference to love and romance, battles and death during war, and shady characters but never in a way that is too graphic. This is classified as children's literature but it is so smartly written and doesn't talk down to the reader so is enjoyable for adults even while being age appropriate to its target audience which starts at 12. The characters are interesting and the story is engaging.  


(Finished November 19, 2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment