Saturday, December 30, 2017

Unbelievable: My Front-Row Seat to the Craziest Campaign in American History by Katy Tur

I followed the primaries and general election very closely. I freely and proudly admit that from day 1 I was a Clinton supporter. I also freely and willingly admit she was a flawed candidate but people are notoriously flawed. I believed then and believe just as much now she was the best candidate for the job and would be very good at it.

I think tRump is off his nut, unqualified, unfit, and doing a terrible job. He has done something dangerous. All the people in this country whop held ideas filled with hate and violence that used to manage to hide it, he has given them license to openly air their vitriol. He has made this country a laughing stock and he has made us less safe not more.

But how did he get to the Oval Office? Katy Tur, one of my favorite MSNBC reporters was on the beat of his campaign from the beginning. This book is her behind the scenes account of that cray ride.

She writes well, very conversationally and it is a style that pulls the reader in. It isn't surprising since she presents that way in her on-air reporting, making it feel like she is talking directly to you.

While I didn't enjoy reliving election night and the disgust tRump's entire campaign caused in the pit of my stomach, I did enjoy Katy and her inside perspective.

Good luck on your engagement and marriage and career Katy Tur, look forward to more from you!

(Finished December 30, 2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment