Wednesday, August 29, 2018

P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #2) by Jenny Han

As I said in my review of To All the Boys I've Loved Before  I loved it and couldn't wait to read book 2 but Barnes & Noble was out of it and I had to wait. Well I got it, then had a million things to do yesterday so I didn't get to spend the day with Lara Jean until today. I love her still. Her heart and curiosity and innocence which made her such a great character, they are all traits she still has. But she learns some new and painful lessons here. But she does it with the grace and charm I fell for in book 1.

I had some very mixed feelings about Kitty. At times she is wise beyond her years and it comes across as helpful and like she is growing up too soon, like she is an old soul. But there are times when it comes across as bratty and annoying. Maybe that's the way with little sisters but I wish Lara Jean had told Kitty she was out of line or had a conversation about her behavior. It all works out in the end between them, of course, and I still really enjoyed the book, but it was something that I felt while reading it.

I really liked Stormy, she was such a feisty old broad and she liked that she was. I hope if I am that age and living in a retirement home I still have as much pep in my step as she did.

I tried to find something redeeming about Gen, some reason to not disliker her so very much, but even learning her secret didn't do enough to make me able to like her past her actions. But I guess that's life, like I tell my kids, you wont like everyone you meet and not everyone will like you.

There is a book 3 but there are a couple of other books I need to read first, Darius the Great is Not Ok and Seafire book1, before I read Always and Forever, Lara Jean, which I can do comfortably since this one didn't end in a huge cliffhanger the way To All the Boys I've Loved Before did.

(Finished August 29, 2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment