Wednesday, August 15, 2018

They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera

I enjoyed my outing with Adam the first time around (History Is All You Left Me) that when my son bought this with (and I think this is pretty cool!) the Barnes & Noble gift card he got at the end of his summer program (they gave each kid $25!! for taking part in a wonderful STEM based summer program) I had to borrow it. And Oh My Oh My!!! WHAT A BOOK!!!!


There was one line that game me the chills, broke my heart, made me happy, shredded me, and filled me with love and hope all at once. 

I cried while out walking my dog this morning as I finished reading and I was so in love with the story and the characters, well not Peck and his crew, but everyone else. 

I came away with the feeling that love and family are where you find them, not always where you are born, that life is to be lived while alive, and that being brave isn't always doing a huge and grand thing, it is just stepping out of the shadow of your fear and living your life, sing Karaoke, dance, kiss the one you love, tell those you love how you feel, those can all be acts of bravery. 


Thank you Adam Silvera for a wonderful story about death that is so very full of life!!!

(Finished August 15, 2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment