Tuesday, October 23, 2018

What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera

Oh my gosh I loved this book!! And I hated it!! I can't say why exactly because I don't want to spoil anyone. But I loved it and hated it in the very best possible ways!!!


First the two voices, I think Becky wrote Arthur and Adam write Ben. Ben feels like he would have been from the world in They Both Die at the End and Arthur feels like he would be friends with Simon in Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda 

Now the story, the universe, fate, what ever you want to call it, puts Ben and Arthur together and then they really begin to find each other and themselves. They are real and fragile and strong and young and full of love and doubt and fear and bravery and I love them!!!


As they explore what it means to find yourself and someone who is ok with what ever that means they made my heart melt. And bonus for all the HP and Hamilton and of course (I mean look at the title of the book) Dear Evan Hanson references!!


Please read this!!! You will thank me!!

(Finished October 23, 2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment