Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Dark Paradise by Tami Hoag

I have read other Tami Hoag books and this one was a little different than the others. This one felt more like a romance novel with some mystery thrown in. A romantic thriller if you will. That isn't an insult and this was a good escape from the very serious and heavy books I've read recently since it was at its heart a romance I figured it would have a happy ending.

As I would expect from a Tami Hoag book the tension slowly amps up until it had me wanting to peek ahead to see if any of the main characters die. The dialogue between city girl Marilee and cowboy J.D. was a little cheesy and formulaic but it wasn't annoying. The sex scenes (all but one) were sexy even while at times they felt a little bit like the old Harlequin Romances I used to read.  The who-done-it reveal was not overly predictable and so over all I would say I liked this book and it served its purpose as an escape that didn't require any deep investment from me.

(finished July 3, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment