Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Faceless by Debra Webb

This is is the second Debra Webb book I've read, again at the suggestion of my friend Rachel. I liked this one more than Nameless.

The mystery was tightly wound and slowly unraveled through out the 330 some odd pages. I was a bit surprised at how it turned out. I didn't start figuring it out until well past the halfway point, and even then I didn't quite get it right. I love that in mystery books.

I gather that Webb uses romance, well hot sex at any rate, in her books, and this one had some, not near as much as in Nameless but it was there and it didn't feel out of place for the story and it was well written, not Harlequin cheesy.

The women Webb uses as lead characters in her books (the 2 I've read so far) are strong women who have overcome some sort of trauma and are smartly written.

While this isn't a masterpiece of literature it was an enjoyable read that didn't feel like a waste of time or mindless reading. I liked it and found it a nice break from some of the heavy books I have read and still have on my pile of books waiting for me to read them.

(finished July 23, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment