Saturday, February 1, 2020

A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J. Maas

As much as I really liked A Court of Thorns and Roses I liked this entry in the series even more.

I will try not spoil anyone...but there was a switch in hero here and I kind of saw or hoped I saw it coming during parts of book 1. I am hoping that in book 3 which I will be starting momentarily that a certain character does the right thing and makes a change in allegiance.

I think it is interesting the way the idea of what makes a healthy relationship is looked at and sometimes what may look like love and protection is really stifling and controlling. I think one of the greatest gifts we can give someone we love or profess to love is the space and freedom to be who they are. If not then do we love them or some idea of who they should be?

The magic and world building continues to be terrific. I want to live in Velaris and walk in the Rainbow and drink and chat with these amazing people.

The King...yuck!! What a vile piece of work. I was worried at one point about a character I liked possibly being a traitor and I am glad it didn't happen, I would have been heart broken.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the way the Maas rights the steamy bits, and they really are! Steamy I mean. The wings....that's all I'll say....


I am not sure I would have put this in the YA category but I don't get to make those decisions. Overall I really love this series so far and looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

(Finished February 1, 2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment