Tuesday, January 28, 2020

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses #1) by Sarah J. Maas

This is my return to the writing of Sarah Maas. It has been awhile but I loved the Throne of Glass series (Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight, Heir of Fire, Queen of Shadows, Empire of Storms, Tower of Dawn, Kingdom of Ash, and The Assassin's Blade).


I liked this book a lot. I admit freely that at one point I was really frustrated with Fayre but it didn't keep be from being sucked into the world Maas created here. And world building in a series can go slowly and be hard to get into or it can feel effortless and suck the reader right in. This one did that for me.

I felt bad for Fayre and how awful and less she felt for the thing she never learned to do. I really liked the Lucien and his snarky way. I wasn't sure how I felt about Rhysand by the end of the story, very conflicted. And Tamlin was just, well, really good.

There was romance, some steamy scenes, mystery, magic, and lore. Overall a good strong start to a series.

I guess this is a twist on Beauty and The Beast but who is the beast? I guess I will keep reading and find out. On to book 2!!!

(Finished January 28, 2020)



No comments:

Post a Comment