Wednesday, January 2, 2019

The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass 0.1 - 0.5) by Sarah J. Maas

After reading Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight I picked up this one. On the advice of one of my besties I am doing an altered reading order, 1, 2, 0.1-0.5, 3, 4, 6, 5, 7.

I was a little hesitant because as Crown ended I wanted move on the book 3 and continue on the adventure. But, as is usually the case, Ann was right. It was nice to catch my breath and learn about what lead Celaena to where I left her. And it is was nice to meet Sam.

I enjoyed fully the first 4 of the 5 short stories...I will admit I was left feeling disappointed in the ending of the last one, The Assassin And The Empire. It felt like too easy an out, and it felt a little anticlimactic after the buildup...the only thing surprising about it was how much it wasn't surprising.

While this didn't ruin my enjoyment and desire to read the rest of the series it did make me a little less enamored with Celaena, I thought she was smarter and even taking into account her grief, I feel like she should have put it together at some point...

Now that I have finished this I will be choosing if I want to dive right into book 3 or pause for a couple of more days as I read something else from my HUGE TBR pile...I guess you will have to wait and see....

(Finished January 2, 2019)

No comments:

Post a Comment