Sunday, December 30, 2018

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas

After finishing Throne of Glass I had to jump right into book 2. While reading this there came a point that my husband chuckled and said "You haven't been this vocal reading a book in awhile." And he is right, there was a lot of "NOO!!!" "CRAP!!" and other expletives being hurled.

I am loving this series. Celaena is such an awesome baddass. Maas is in league with Martin, as in she doesn't shy away from killing and ripping apart people, figuratively and literally.

One of very best friends, Ann, has suggested I read in this order: Book 1- Throne of Glass, Book 2- this one, pause and read The Assassin's Blade - the five novellas written about Celaena's life leading up to Throne of Glass, Book 3- Heir of Fire, Book 4- Queen of Shadows, Book 6- Tower of Dawn, Book 5- Empire of Storms, Book 7- Kingdom of Ash. Her reasoning being that book 5 ends on a note that makes it lead better into 7 and 6 is better read before 5 so that I (and now you) can go right into the finale. So because I trust her I am going to follow this, but I have to admit it is hard to stop and read the novellas and not dive right into book 3!!!!


Anyway, by way of a review, without spoilers, some answers and even more questions, there is betrayal, pain, love, suffering, violence, magic, demons, and Mort, there is Mort, and I kind of love him....


(Finished December 30, 2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment