Saturday, January 19, 2019

Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Maas

I love this series so far. And as much as I like Celaena/Aelin, she isn't my favorite character. I am surprised however how my choice of a favorite as evolved and settled in this book on who I am loving and wanting to see make it to the end. I do have a feeling that I shouldn't do what I have done, get too attached to characters because I don't think Maas will shy away from killing main and beloved characters.

In this installment the answers are starting to be revealed and the battle lines are being drawn in what I fully expect will be an epic battle between good and evil, well ok, maybe not "good", but between not-evil and evil.

Where will the Blackbeak Thirteen land? What will happen to Elide? And I am not ashamed to admit I am anxious to know if Rowan and Aelin finally have their "moment." And will we ever know what our dear Shifter's real face looks like?

While part of me really hopes for a relatively happy ending, I hope it is tense and epic getting there.

I am going to pause a bit and read an ARC I got from work that my friend/coworker Rachel told me she really liked and then I will be back to this series. And this year I plan on reading Maas' Court of Throne and Roses series.

(Finished January 19, 2019)




My thoughts on other books in the series:
Throne of Glass
Crown of Midnight
The Assassin's Blade
Heir of Fire

No comments:

Post a Comment