Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass #6) by Sarah J. Maas

At the suggestion of my bestie Ann I altered the order I am reading these from their natural order. Her advice was to read this one then go back and read Empire of Storms and then the finale Kingdom of Ash. Her reasoning being that when I read Empire I am going to want to go right into the finale and see how it all comes out and this one runs parallel to Empire, is happening at the same time. So that's what I did. There really weren't any spoilers to Empire in it, just a little bit of mentioning of what may or may not be going on with those with Aelin and her court.

Another friend, Rachel and I were talking about this one and this series and she too didn't really like Chaol and found she couldn't do this book and ended up skipping it. I can understand that. However, my feelings about him changed a little, but for me he isn't even the star of this book. I totally love Yrene. I really, really like Nesryn too. And their stories make this well worth the read. I am glad I did it this way too, because now I can march on to the ending without stopping so as usual Ann is right!!

I enjoy Sarah's writing style and the bits of snark and wit that compliment the adventure and fantasy.

I hope to see more of The Thirteen in Empire of Storms. I am taking in to the reading of it a bit of information I wouldn't have if I had read the series in the natural order and that I am pretty sure the characters I am rejoining don't know and that is a kind of interesting place to be.

I liked this part of the series a lot more than I expected to and a lot more than I did even when I started it. Some where in I just found myself really liking it.


My thoughts on other books in the series:
Throne of Glass
Crown of Midnight
The Assassin's Blade
Heir of Fire
Queen of Shadows

No comments:

Post a Comment