Sunday, February 24, 2019

Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass #7) by Sarah J. Maas

As this series has progressed it has gotten harder to write a review without spoilers. And here I am at the end. And it is the hardest post to write yet. 

So I will just be as vague as possible as I gush about this series. 
I haven't feel this strong sense of sadness and longing at the ending of a series since the Harry Potter series ended. I already miss Yrene, Nesryn, Dorian, Manon, Rowan, Elide, Lorcan, Fenrys, Gavriel, Aelin, Aedion, Lysandra, Evangeline, and The Thirteen. Oh and I can't leave out Abraxos!!!

This was a long book, 980 pages, and at times the tension as I waited for the strings to all come together, the characters who had been separated and their journey back to each other, it became overwhelming. But not in a bad way, just in a please stop pulling my heart apart and let's get everyone safely to the end. I won't tell you who does and doesn't make it but be prepared to have your heart ache many times over. 

There are some epic scenes of battle, so well written I could smell the blood and smoke and sweat. And of course there is a show down with the big bads of the story. It plays out very creatively and I enjoyed it even as I became so anxious I thought I would cry. At times I did cry!! I wasn't at all disappointed with the end point of the journey, only that it had to end. 

Thanks to my friends who suggested I read this series.  

(Finished February 24, 2019)




My thoughts on other books in the series:
Throne of Glass
Crown of Midnight
The Assassin's Blade
Heir of Fire
Queen of Shadows
Tower of Dawn
Empire of Storms

No comments:

Post a Comment