Thursday, February 14, 2019

Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass #5)

The build up to the finale and what a build up it was. I need to now jump in and see what the hell happens to Dorian, Manon, Lysandra, Aedion, Elide, Lorcan, Gavriel, Fenrys, and of course Rowan and Aelin. I need to see how Chaol, Nesryn, Yrene, and Sartaq come back to the fold and what difference it makes. I need to know if Aelin lives, if Manon claims her birthright, if Lorcan has been changed, if the vile Maeve gets what she deserves slowly and painfully, and dammit I need to know if my wish for Dorrian and Manon, and Aedion and Lysandra is granted.

Ok and I have to say Ann was right about the shift in read order. If I had to stop now to read Tower of Dawn I would be so annoyed that I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I did. Because this is a hell of a cliff hanger.

The reveal about the keys and lock was something and not what I was expecting. All these threads that didn't seem connected are coming together. All in all I'm really hooked and enjoying the series. I just wish they were not so long (the final book comes in just under 1000 pages) but then again I am glad they are, because there is so much to soak in.

The build up has been something, I really have enjoyed the world building and story telling. And the main character isn't even my favorite but that's ok, there are so many things to love here.

My thoughts on other books in the series:
Throne of Glass
Crown of Midnight
The Assassin's Blade
Heir of Fire
Queen of Shadows
Tower of Dawn


(Finished February 14, 2019)

No comments:

Post a Comment