Monday, August 10, 2020

The Fell of Dark by Caleb Roehrig

The first book I read by Caleb was White Rabbit and I was immediately hooked. He earned a spot on my "if they write it I am there for it" list. When his third book (my second by him) Death Prefers Blondes book came out I was so super excited and got it on release day. While waiting for this one I went back to his beginning and read his first book Last Seen Leaving
Caleb is also one of my most favorite people on the planet but on Twitter too. 
And now here we are, his 4th book and I have been so damn excited for this. 

It's a gay vampire magical environmental warning story....Sound like a head scratcher? I promise it isn't. It is fun and campy and scary and gory and gay and fangtastic. 

Auggie is 16 and never been kissed or on a date and he lives in a town a little like Sunnydale but with less Xander and more Spike and less secrets, sort of. Vampires are a known population in this town outside Chicago. But there are still lots of secrets going around...

Just as Auggie goes on his first date with the hot barista from his favorite cafe he finds out no one is who he thinks they are. And his life is in danger...he is the subject of a prophecy about this Corrupter who is supposed to be the one who ends the sting of the sun on the undead...but if he rises Auggie dies...

I absolutely adore the snarky way Caleb write. I love Vampire stories. I loved this story. And it works that there is an environmental message in all the fangs and magic. It doesn't sound like it should but it does...because even vampires know, hell they especially know, given the undead nature of being a vampire and the very long "lives" they "live", that we mortals are killing the only planet we have...I know, you are thinking what?!? But hey it isn't over the top and it works here...Trust me....

Vampires and Witches and Rasputin oh my!!! Read this book!!!

(Finished August 10, 2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment