Monday, March 2, 2020

Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig

This is my third outing with Caleb. First was White Rabbit and then Death Prefers Blondes. He is also one of my favorites on Twitter!!

I am anxiously awaiting his next book The Fell of Dark so I thought I would go back to his start while I wait. And I am so glad I did and so sorry I didn't read it sooner!!

I loved Flynn and am now thinking a crossover with Margo would be great fun. His coming to terms with himself and his sexuality is as important to the story as is what happened to January. Flynn doesn't always make wise choices, I'm thinking his little balcony escapade and what follows but I never doubted his heart.

Part way through I thought I had it figured out, and before Flynn did, but I didn't see the twist coming until I was in the middle of it and I am so glad. I really much prefer not figuring out who done its. I like being surprised, I like thinking I got it and then finding out I was wrong. And Caleb got that here.

I can't say much more because the risk of spoilers is high and not being spoiled will add to your enjoyment of this mystery.

Just trust me, if Caleb writes it you want to be there for it.

(Finished March 2, 2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment