Thursday, November 12, 2020

The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab

 Every time I had to put this down I was so sad. I totally loved this story. The way Victoria writes is so beautiful and draws you in. This story is haunting and gripping. We all want I think, to be seen and remembered. I mean ok we all want to be loved, but more than that is the desire to be seen and remembered, to leave our mark. 


When Addie doesn't want to be forced into marriage, doesn't want to give up herself and her freedom, she makes a mistake...one that has her living...and being forgotten. She sees amazing things, loves art and stories but there is one story that is missing...her own. She has lovers, both men and women but she doesn't have love...how can she when she is literally out of sight out of mind? 


Then she meets Henry....and everything changes...


It isn't just that she spends so much of the time in this book in my hometown, or that there is a cat named Book that make me love this...I was just sucked in and wrapped up in this fairytale and didn't want it to end. I was both lifted up and terribly gutted, which is the best kind of way to leave a story!!


I read and really liked A Dark Shade of Magic, which was my first Schwab book and I am not really sure why I haven't read the rest of the series...but I will...I must. 

But in the meantime, I have no hesitation telling you that you must read Addie's story!!!


(Finished November 12, 2020)







No comments:

Post a Comment