Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares (Dash & Lily, #1) by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan

 This is a reread. I watched the Netflix show/series based on this and was reminded how much I loved the book so felt the need to reread it and grab the 2 follow up books, The Twelve Days of Dash & Lily and Mind the Gap, Dash & Lily

I loved the book this time too. It was a quick read and cleansing I guess after some heavy and darker reads. It was a feel good, sweet & innocent story and I love it!! 


Dash & Lily find each other in my hometown of NYC around Christmas time when Lily leaves a red Moleskin with a message and a dare near one of her favorite books at The Strand bookstore. Dash finds the book and chooses to play along. What follows is a learning experience for them both and a sweet falling for each other. 

If you haven't read this but have seen the show here is what I want you to know, while the show is pretty true to the source there are some differences, as usual. But it holds up well. The supporting cast are so awesome on paper & screen. Boomer is as goofy and sweet and just amazing on paper as you would hope. Mrs. Basil E is FABULOUS!! The boots are still important. Langston & Benny are not as present but their story is here. There is more of Lily and her life aside from the book and Dash and I love it, she makes some friends. Her grandpa isn't as hard ass on paper as on screen. Her family is huge and the Santa scene is better on paper!! The muppet is still here. And Boris is the best even if he didn't make the screen. 

This is a brain cleanser and heart warming story!! I hope the next 2 books do right by Dash & Lily!!


(Finished December 29, 2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment