Tuesday, December 22, 2020

The Lives of Saints (Grishaverse) by Leigh Bardugo

 My first experience reading Leigh Bardugo was when I read an ARC of Ninth House for the B&N Bookclub (where before COVID I was the bookclub leader in my store). I brought it was me to LeakyCon and was pounced on my a sweet person who was so excited to see me reading it and telling me I HAD TO read the Grishaverse books. So I did, they were so passionate and I needed to know why. 

So I read in this order:

Shadow and Bone

Siege and Storm

Ruin and Rising

Six of Crows

Crooked Kingdom

And then this little gem came onto my store with the signed books we get on Black Friday...I wanted it and waited a little...and gave myself a deadline that if it was still there by a certain day it was meant to be mine...and it was...I read it in pretty much one sitting...I fell asleep last night with about 25 pages to go and finished it today...

Everything about this book is lovely...the cover, the paper quality, the art...and the stories. 

Well ok, some of the stories are creepy, like the demon under the bridge, but the language, the way she writes, it is beautiful. This is the Istorii Sankt’ya (Lives of Saints) referenced in the Shadow and Bone Trilogy. It is a great, quick read that adds to the joy of the Grishaverse. 


I will spend more time with it enjoying the artwork. I hope you get it and enjoy the experience....Oh and this weekend I am picking up my copy of the first book in the next part of the story, the first in the King of Scars duology which just came out in paperback. I am waiting for my gift card my mother-in-law has for me...I get a discount but it is even better when paying with someone else's money LOL. 


FYI, book 2 of King of Scars, Rule of Wolves is set to come out in March 2021. 


(Finished December 22, 2020)





No comments:

Post a Comment