Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch by Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett

I saw the trailer for the upcoming TV series and had three immediate thoughts:
DAVID TENANT, YES PLEASE!!!
This is how I will console myself in May after Game of Thrones ends.
I MUST READ THE BOOK!!

And I am so glad I did. It is crazy funny, super snarky, and so wicked!! It was fun to read and also a scathing commentary on how we people treat each other and the planet. I also picked up a poking at overly rigorous religious observation.

I have never read anything by Pratchett (my husband has been reading Disc World I think for well over a year, he hardly reads and it is his biggest failing in my eyes) but I read The Ocean at the End of the Lane and The Graveyard Book by Gaiman and have seen his penned Doctor Who episodes and enjoy his style.

When I mentioned I was planning on reading this I was told I would love it and love it I did. Is it odd that I feel like there is a little bit of love happening between Crowley & Aziraphale? And though she is dead long before the story picks up, I adore Agnes Nutter. I even found myself having a bit of a soft spot of dear old Shadwell, as off his rocker as he seemed.


Anyway, all in all this was great snarky and witty fun!!!

(Finished March 13, 2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment