Friday, March 8, 2019

Slayer (Slayer #1) by Kiersten White

Late last year I discovered Kiersten's work at Barnes & Noble because of a sample of The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein and was so hooked I had to buy the book and read the rest. Then I saw this one, more of her writing and a trip back to the Buffyverse, which I loved in real time and many times over!!!

Picking up some time after the ending of Buffy the series this is not Buffy's story though her name comes up, a lot. This is Nina's story. This is the story of the Watchers. And there is plenty to bring back the series (Five-by-Five, Wesley, Angel, Buffy, but thankfully no Xander!!). First and best, Kiersten writes with so much of the beloved snark that is a huge part of Buffy that Joss would be proud!!!! Like TV series, this story doesn't take itself too seriously even as it tackles something quite serious. No, not the demons and vampires and other bits of evil stuck here after the way Buffy ended. But how to figure out who you are and how to be true to yourself even when the pressure from outside forces keep trying to make you what they think you should be.



And holy cliffhanger!! I need book 2 ASAP!!!!
I wouldn't mind if Willow somehow makes an appearance, she is my favorite Buffy character.
But not just more of this story, I am going to get my hands on and read everything Kiersten has written!

PS She has an awesome Twitter feed!!

(Finished March 8, 2019)

No comments:

Post a Comment