Friday, August 9, 2019

Dark Age (Red Rising Saga #5) by Pierce Brown

Holy Reaper!! Unholy Howlers!! Talk about a crazy ride!!!!!!!

Yes, that is a lot of glorydamn exclamation points but from page XVII of The Sovereign at the start right until page 752 when it ends this is an adrenaline filled ride that grabs on and rips through you and doesn't let go for a moment.

I saw a Tweet that perfectly describes how indescribable the Red Rising Saga is...."If GoT and Star Wars had a baby, then that baby grew up to marry the Hunger Games, and then the baby was flown 100s of years to the future to marry Halo-how I explain the Red Rising Saga to people and then I just start howling." ~ @yourhostandmc

I started reading this series back when my friend Danielle told me I had to because it was so good and it was a trilogy and all the books were published so I wouldn't have to wait to find out "what next". Well as I was finishing book 3 it was announced there would be more...and I was too invested to stop...and now the wait begins for the next piece of the story and damn you Pierce Brown for making me love this world you created...even when I hate it and it breaks my heart.

It really is a great story. The violence is crazy and fast paced and the descriptions of the battles and weapons and tech are amazing, and it is tied together by a story of politics, world building, family, love, and betrayal. I can only imagine the Herman's Head type shit that is going on inside of Pierce's brain!!!!

(Finished Aug. 9, 2019)

No comments:

Post a Comment