Sunday, July 4, 2021

The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air #1) by Holly Black

 Book Review:

Book Review:

The Cruel Prince

👑👑👑👑👑/5👑

When my middle and youngest kids where littles they were obsessed with The Spiderwick Chronicles. Then my youngest discovered and become obsessed with Doll Bones, still one of his favorite books ever. I later read and really enjoyed The Coldest Girl in Cold Town & The Darkest Part of the Forest. All that to say Holly Black has been such an important and loved part of my reading life for quite some time. So I’m not sure why it took me so long to read The Cruel Prince. But I did and I absolutely loved it. It was fairytale. It was mystery. It was magic and hinted at romance. It was finding power when you feel the most powerless. And it was incredible world building. 

Everything I’ve come to expect from her writing. I need to see where this is going. And will be staying up late to begin the next part of this trilogy. 

Jude is so complex and strong, even as she thinks she isn’t. 

And as much as I hate to admit it, Carden has grown on me and I can’t wait to see what he has in store for Jude and me.




(Finished July 4, 2021)

No comments:

Post a Comment