Monday, September 9, 2019

Hope Never Dies (Obama Biden Mysteries #1) by Andrew Shaffer

I got this book quite awhile ago and it has been sitting on my TBR pile. After finishing The Chain I needed something much lighter and this was perfect for that. It was pretty funny in parts. The "mystery" was good, even though it wasn't part of why I bought or read it. I admit I judged this book by its cover and it was the picture of President Obama and VP Biden on the cover looking like they stepped (drove?) out of a buddy film that made me get it.

There wasn't anything deep about this, but I didn't want anything deep when I picked it up to read. There was some political commentary hidden, or not so hidden, in the writing, but I didn't mind. As for the story itself, if the characters hadn't been 44 and his VP it would have still been a decent story. Drug trafficking, biker gang, good man in a jam needing money and making a bad choice, murder, pretty much all the elements of good detective novel.

I will get the second book and put it aside for when this kind time arrives again, the need for a break from the heavier content I read often...or just when I need a good laugh without taxing my brain too much.

(Finished Sept. 9, 2019)

No comments:

Post a Comment