Saturday, September 7, 2019

The Chain by Adrian McKinty

I started this book after work yesterday and finished it this morning. I love my job because one of the perks is being able to borrow hardcover books. The manager of the store I work in and two coworkers were going nuts over this one and yesterday when I was trying to pick my next read said manager told me since I still hadn't read it yet I wasn't talking out of the store without it and so I signed it out. I read the first page while waiting to leave and was instantly hooked. My page 7 I almost peed my pants. I couldn't breathe during most of the book and I struggled with the what would I do question....

So what would you do if your child was kidnapped and the person who did it told you it was because they had their child kidnapped and that the only way to get the kids back is to keep the chain going, you kidnap a child and tell that child's parent to do the same, when they do you get your kid back, when their victim creates a victim they get their kid back and so on and so forth....If you had sold reason to believe death was the only other alternative, for you and your child, what would you do? Would you do anything to save your child? How can you do it when doing it is to cause some other parent the same pain...but this is your child...and it is all enough to make the reader feel the panic and struggle....

This book was off the chain crazy...and so tense and good. Also, if you are one of "those readers" the kind who gives in and peeks at the last page, if you do it for this the spoiler is minor, it doesn't give away the who and why.....so just read on, and be prepared to be sucked in....


(Finished Sept. 7, 2019)

No comments:

Post a Comment