Thursday, November 14, 2019

The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Stiefvater

My friend Rachel said I needed to start this once I was done with the Arc of a Scythe trilogy. I was torn between this and starting Shadow & Bone.
And wow!! I didn't know what to think at first. I mean Liked Blue right away. And I found the world interesting because unlike a lot of fantasy novels this one takes place in the "present" in the world we know because it is the one we inhabit. But there is magic, and danger, and mystery. And it is kind of a slow burn until it isn't. You slowly get attached to these characters are you get to know them and start trusting some, pulling for them, not trusting others and hoping they get what they deserve.

And then the story builds and thinks get tense and reveals happen and answers come bringing even more questions and before you know it the book is over and you are left wanting, no, needing more.


I am excited and anxious to see where Maggie takes me next in the tale of Blue, Gansey, Adam, and Noah.


(Finished Nov. 14, 2019)

No comments:

Post a Comment