Tuesday, November 26, 2019

The Raven King (The Raven Cycle #4) by Maggie Stiefvater

WHAT AN AMAZING SERIES!!!! 
I fell totally in love with this story. My heart was so broken at times but it was so worth it. 

The conclusion, which really isn't, if you know about the newest Maggie Stiefvater book, Call Down The Hawk, then you know that there is another set of stories to tell. 

There is so much love in this book even as there is death and destruction. 

I don't know how much to say because I don't know if you are here because you are thinking of reading this or if you have and are curious to see what I thought. 

I will lean toward the cautious and avoid spoilers and specifics as much as possible. 

If you have watched Doctor Who you are familiar with the concept of time being wibbly-wobbly. That is the way it works here too. Time isn't a straight line happening in a neat progression, things have happened and happen again and are known before and after and there is a magic and energy to it that is part of the ley line. Death is known and unknown, monsters exist and both good and evil can be made and unmade. Trees have souls. Love and family are as much if not more about choice than bloodlines. 

Broken isn't the end, and what is broken can be fixed or at least mended. 


Adam and Ronan and Blue and Gansey and Henry have stolen into my heart and rival The Trio and Luna and Neville as my favorite group of magical friends turned family. 


Thank you Rachel, seriously, thank you, for putting this into my hands and shredding me in the process. I am so very grateful. (a high compliment from one bookish person to another)

(Finished November 26, 2019)


***I have Call Down The Hawk but need to read Queen Of The Conquered before I read it, it was sent to me by the author and having met Them at LeakyCon it feels important to me to do it this way. But I will be visiting the world created by Maggie as soon as I am done***

No comments:

Post a Comment