Friday, May 10, 2019

Aru Shah and the End of Time (Pandava Quartet #1) by Roshani Chokshi

After the emotional load of must read that was Internment I needed a good story (as I always hope to be reading with each book I start) that would allow my brain and heart a little respite. While at work I was helping a customer who was shopping for her granddaughter. The granddaughter had requested this book. Rachel my friend and the children's department lead told us that this book was sooooo good. She had read it and loved it and told us some stuff about it. I bought a copy that day for the very purpose of the above mentioned respite. I am so glad I did!!!


Aru lies. Aru is sad. Aru is lonely. And Aru is a heroine.

When Aru tries to impress her schoolmates when they show up at the museum she lives in she starts the end of time. After this colossal mistake Aru has to fix it or else..well or else who knows, but it is apocalyptic, and so off she goes on a quest to save the world with just a pigeon and another 12 year old girl who has a ways she doesn't want to die list that includes death by halitosis on it to help her. Along the way Aru learns about her family history, her inner strength, and the value of friendship and it is a great ride.

Don't let the fact that this is a book from the children's young reader section stop you. It is smart, filled with amazing Indian mythology, fun, adventurous, and worth your time. I would have finished this in a day had I not had parental and work commitments but I was anxious to spend time with Aru and Mini and Boo when I had to put the book down and do other things.

I will visit them again as their series progresses and space them between other reads when I need respite again. I am so glad to have discovered this book and to tell you about it!

(Finished May 10, 2019)

No comments:

Post a Comment